Full Job Description
Protective Wear Supplies Limited of Darklake View, Estover, Plymouth, PL6 7TL is a fast growing, agile, customer-focused workwear provider in the UK market, servicing thousands of clients throughout the United Kingdom.
Job Description for Garment Production Operator
The Garment Production Operator’s role will include Embroidering, Transfer Application, Printing & Packing Garments to Customer Requirements.
Responsibilities and Behaviours:
- Understand and uphold the Production model that states, ‘Dates Mean Everything’ and do everything within your role as member of the team to achieve this standard. This in turn upholds the mission statement of the company, ‘to create a frictionless partnership with all its clients’.
- Work to quality standards of work and production methods as instructed at all times.
- Work to at least current minimum performance levels as and when training is completed.
- Communicate with different departments to overcome problems and difficulties.
- Print worksheets from pick notes and prioritise according to customer dates using Apparel system.
- Follow worksheet instructions accurately to fulfil customer requirements and check garments are correct before proceeding to finish.
- Fold, pack, label garments once finishing has been completed and place in correct area for delivery.
- Operate Apparel system effectively to ensure the returning of finished goods in a timely manner.
- Understand and work the Manpack system in a systematic and orderly fashion to ensure that goods packed by person are 100% correct and delivered to the correct delivery location on time.
- Ensure that all areas of work are kept clean and tidy.
- Be prepared to work with all team members to achieve a positive friendly environment remembering that a team approach will produce ‘more than the sum of its parts’.
Working Week and Hours:
Mon-Fri 7am to 3pm 37 ½ hours per week
Alternatively: 3pm to 11pm 37 ½ hours per week – will start on days until fully competent
Alternatively – alternating 7-3pm/ 3-11pm
- 7am to 3 pm: £10.23 per hour rising to £10.61 when 100% competent in all areas, plus performance related team bonus (£1/ hr).
- 3pm to 11pm: £12.19 per hour rising to £12.85/ hr plus performance related bonus, when 100% competent in all areas (£1/ hr).
What you will bring
- Manual dexterity and adaptability
- Ensure good communication skills
- A willingness to grow in the role and develop the position
- Driven by metrics and use fact not opinions
- Be approachable to new ideas and a good listener
- Not be afraid to challenge or be challenged
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- On-site parking
Apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org