Reduce Your Environmental Impact
By choosing PWS as your workwear, safety wear and PPE supplier, you can be assured that we will be constantly striving to help you to deliver on your organisation’s sustainability objectives. Explore below to see just a few of the planet-friendly initiatives we deliver for our clients every day.
Cutting delivery vehicle emissions
- Through our MyWeb system, we can group multiple orders into one delivery, reducing vehicle use and carbon emissions.
- We can deliver direct to the end user, saving our customers money and reducing their emissions as they don’t have to send the items on themselves.
- Our courier DPD has a robust commitment to sustainability, they aim to ‘become the greenest delivery company on the planet’ and have the largest all-electric delivery fleet in the UK.
- We support our customers to recycle tens of thousands of garments each year through our recycling scheme with our partner Shred Station.
- Garments are recycled (where possible) or used for energy generation, with a 0% to landfill commitment.
Offering sustainable alternatives
- We actively change suppliers when we find an alternative product that further minimises its impact on the planet.
- Our customers don’t need to shop around for green alternatives to products, we proactively research and offer comparable eco alternatives to existing lines as part of our service.
- Through our exclusive brands (Bertee, Boing, Redd and H), we constantly look to innovate with more sustainable materials, reduced carbon emissions in production and end-of-life developments in recycling and biodegradability.
- Our cardboard PWS packaging is recyclable, and we are working hard to remove all single use plastics from the entire supply chain.
- We reuse packaging where possible and recycle any cardboard packaging at the end of its useful life.
- We are currently working on a redesign of our logoed packaging to reduce the printing inks used and switch to more eco-friendly ink alternatives.